Wednesday 6 April 2011

Ticket to Ride

In this time I will talk to you about the music, but not any music, rather the GOOD music (just for my point of view). I mean the music that marked a generation like Elvis, Queen, and other but the most important of All the Times are The Beatles.
This British band was formed in Liverpool in 1960 as The Beatles, but John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison were together since 1958 around as The Quarrymen. Finally Ringo Star (Richard Parkin Starkey) joined the band in 1962.
The Beatles is a very important band for what they meant for the culture of 60’s generation (sometimes refers as Baby-Boom Generation), in particular in Britain; meanwhile in USA was happening Woodstock (topic very important, but I won’t talk anything about it right now). About 1963 started the Beatlemania with Please Please Me album; after that, they released A Hard Day’s Night, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road, and others albums. The band, since its formation had sold millions of copies.

For all this facts we can say: The Beatles are more popular than Jesus 

3 comments:

  1. Good choice pal.
    The best band ever, but bot the best composers.
    PD: I'm glad that you're going to Paul's McCartney concert. I'm not going, but it doesn't' matters much to me; anyway he died in 1967. You'll see the Faul's concert =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great group but........Paul McCartney is dead????
    naaah it's a joke
    I hope you enjoy the concert.

    Greetings pal

    ReplyDelete
  3. errata:
    "but bot" : but not
    "Paul's McCartney": Paul McCartney's

    And yes, Paul is dead... I'm not saying this beacause I have envy...

    ReplyDelete